Monday, July 26, 2010

Heaven on Earth

Harry Burnett Reese is my hero.


How is it even possible to invent heaven and stick it inside an orange wrapper? Call me worldly if you'd like, I'm in love with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy chocolate, which is really the same thing.

Some of you probably know how I deal with stressful situations, especially at work, but let me just give you an example...

Based on a true story:

I have often wondered how people with desk jobs pack on the pounds so quickly. A few months ago, I began a job where I am on the computer all day. They are so nice here, in fact, they even stock the kitchen full of food. After only a few short weeks at my desk, I came to realize that I must be following the pattern of a frustrated computer-user. It seemed like every time I tried to do something new, the dang machine would give me another new problem. Instead of getting angry at the situation, I would just open my drawer, pull out a reese's and pop it in my mouth. This process has been repeated every five minutes for 8 eight hours everyday, 5 days a week, for the past 12 weeks. I think that explains a lot. Also, you should know that I regret nothing. Not a single bite wasted.

I have especially grown to love the holidays. The goodness starts with Valentine's Day. Who needs a date when you can buy a few six packs of the heart-shaped reeses? These are especially good because they contain the correct chocolate-to-peanut butter ratio, which is very important. Then along comes the Easter bunny (he knows exactly what I want every year... reeses eggs... imagine that). After a long hiatus, Halloween finally arrives. Pumpkins. Then there's Christmas. Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree... I love your chocolatey goodness. Believe me, I could go on about this forever, but I really should get some sleep. I'll just end by saying, "We need more holidays..."








2 comments:

  1. Words can't tell you how much I love your blog.

    love
    Love
    LOVE
    LOOOOVVVVEEEEE!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Spence.. I love you and your blog! Thanks for giving me laughs.

    ReplyDelete